Friday, September 10, 2010

How do you do it?

I recently went to lunch with a couple of girlfriends after school started back up for the kids. It's been great for me since this is the first year all three of my kids are in school all day.
As the three of us caught up on eachothers lives, I asked one girlfriend if she was looking forward to her new job. (She was starting a couple of days after we met up) She said she was looking forward to getting back to normal.
Normal?

Then she mentioned that being a stay at home mom was not her thing and didn't know how I did it. That I make it look so easy. That I always seemed to be on the move with the kids, but have time for myself. That I was a "balanced' mom.
Now I realize I'm not the only stay at home mom out there...but I have had a few comments about how 'easy' I make it look. Really? Because some (most) days I feel like a mess and feel like running away.

Afterward I thought about what makes being home great for me, if I did enjoy being home with my kids and if I was really balanced.

SO How do I do it?? Here's some things I've learned along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment